- Setting defaults for search appearance and making sure only the content you want indexed gets indexed
- Generating the XML sitemap and checking it carefully
- Connecting your site to Google Search Console
- Using Yoast to view 404 not found errors
- How to use the red light/green light indicators and what how not to use these lights
- Special settings for social sharing
- How to no-index a page
- Other helpful on-page, on-site SEO tips
This meetup will be presented by Angela Bowman. Angela is a WordPress website custom theme coder and instructor. She specializes in highly customized sites for businesses and nonprofits. She loves the challenge of coding uniquely branded designs for clients and helping them strategize their content organization in WordPress. Angela has been teaching WordPress classes at Boulder Digital Arts since 2009 and started using WordPress in 2007.
Would you like to give a presentation at a future meetup? Let us know! All WordPress-related topics are welcome. We also appreciate talks targeted to any level of WordPresser (beginner, intermediate and advanced).